- Reuters picDUESSELDORF, Dec 6- A passenger train collided with a freight train near the western German city of Duesseldorf yesterday, injuring several people although the initial tolls given by officials varied significantly. Rescue efforts were slowed by damaged power lines.
A pair of trains crashed into one another near Dusseldorf, Germany on Tuesday, local media reported.
The crash occurred at the train station of Osterath, a part of the city of Meerbusch on the outskirts of Düsseldorf, the regional capital of North Rhine-Westphalia state.
Authorities said there were multiple injuries but did not immediately provide more specific information. Three passengers were "badly hurt" while the others suffered light injuries.
"Our emergency services arrived at the accident site", the Meerbusch Fire Department said via Twitter.
A photo tweeted by the Meerbusch fire department showed the passenger train partially derailed but still upright.
A National Express spokesman told Bild newspaper the train had around 100 passengers on board.
- Take Two: Schumer, Pelosi Accept Trump's Invitation to Talk Budget
- INTC) — Intel Corporation (NASDAQ
- "Presidents can not obstruct justice" claim by Trump lawyers may not hold up
- Toll Brothers misses on the top and bottom lines
- Stock Technical & Performances to Explore: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Arnold officer in critical condition after shooting
- PM meets new UP mayors, Amethis civic polls winners of BJP
- (GILD) Covered By 19 Bullish Analysts Last Week
- 11000-acre Creek fire prompts mandatory evacuations from La Crescenta to Sylmar
- Federal officials file new charges against man acquitted in Kate Steinle case