And it wasn't only women in the Senate, as Sen.
Franken, in his statement, said the idea he would claim such conduct as a right as an entertainer was "preposterous".
The woman, who Politico describes as a "longtime Democrat", said she did not come forward to force Franken out of office, but only to "encourage the former comedian to acknowledge that his behavior towards her and other women was intentional".
Their calls came after Politico reported that another woman, which it did not name, alleged that Franken tried to kiss her against her will after a broadcast of the radio show that Franken was hosting in 2006.
"Hearing Donald Trump say essentially the same thing that Al Franken said to me, which was 'It's my right as an entertainer, ' that was a real trigger", she told Politico. "It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like 'Wait, what is happening?' But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked", the aide said in an interview. Franken, she said, pulled her close when her husband offered to snap a cell phone photo of them, and "as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear", Menz said.
Conyers had also faced multiple allegations of sexual harassment by former employees, accusations Conyers vehemently denied. One former colleague said the woman told her in 2006 and the other said she was told in 2009 or 2010. He told Politico that the allegations by the woman who came forward Wednesday was "categorically not true".
Several female Democratic senators publicly called on Sen.
Last month, Los Angeles anchor and model Leeann Tweeden accused Franken of trying to kiss her and groping her breasts while she slept during a USO tour.
For his part, Franken has apologized for the earlier incidents, but has shown no signs of plans to give up his seat. He is now under a Senate ethics review for his behavior, which he said he will "fully" cooperate with.
- Manchester City to return for Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez in January
- Needle Moving Activity Spotted in Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASNA)
- 'Black Mirror' Season 4 Gets Netflix Premiere Date, New Trailer
- Amazon launches Prime membership in Singapore to attract customers
- Dele Alli bids to recover form in weakened Tottenham team
- Will Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma tie the knot in December?
- After updating to iOS iPhone X complain of problems with
- Disney And Fox Could Close A Deal As Soon As Next Week
- Gus Malzahn says best days are ahead for Auburn
- National Christmas Tree Shortage Hits the Four States