Following the medical negligence, Delhi's Max Hospital sacked two doctors in connection with the horrific case.
A three-member panel formed by the Delhi government also found Max Hospital guilty of not following prescribed medical norms in dealing with newborn infants.
The report submitted to Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Tuesday.
Max Hospital, in a statement, said: "It has been brought to our notice that a 22-week premature newborn, who is said to be on life support at a nursing home, was unfortunately handed over (as dead).by Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh". When the parents opened the bag, they found the newborn boy breathing.
Max Healthcare, which runs 13 other hospitals in India, said the firings of Doctors AP Mehta and Vishal Gupta are a "reflection of our commitment to higher standards of care".
In his complaint to police, baby's father Ashish Kumar, had said the boy had contracted an infection after being wrapped in a plastic bag by the Max Hospital. He said the government ordered an inquiry on Friday when it came to know about the alleged negligence of the hospital. Jain had said that, if required, the hospital's licence will be cancelled.
Later, as the family was en route to a shmashāna - a Hindu cremation ground - for the baby boy, the parents felt "some movements" inside one of the polythene bags provided by the hospital, according to CNN.
The case relates to the birth of twins (a boy and a girl) on November 30.
The infant, the family fondly called "Champ", was admitted in Aggarwal Nursing Home in Pitampura on November 29 after the family realised he was alive. But just before their last rites, the family found that the boy was alive, police said.
- Treausuer lauds economic growth figures
- Foreign Trade Policy may focus on job creation, improving trade logistics
- Listeriosis outbreak claims 36 lives in S
- Atiku Visit PDP Headquarters, Urges All Defectors To Return "Home"
- Toll Brothers misses on the top and bottom lines
- US Battles For Global Push On N.Korea Amid Russia, China Doubts
- Fugitive US lawyer wanted for fraud captured in Honduras
- Man Charged in 2010 Murder of Former Grizzlies Center Lorenzen Wright
- Google Pixel 2 receives major price cut on Flipkart
- Steve Smith admits being nervous on final day following Australia's Ashes win