On Tuesday, Manchester United needs just a point at home to CSKA Moscow to seal first place in Group A, and already qualified Chelsea can finish top of Group C by beating Atletico.
Juve, beaten finalists last season, triumphed 2-0 at Olympiacos to progress second behind Group D winners Barcelona, who won 2-0 at home to Sporting.
The move to their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium was created to herald a fresh period of success for Atletico Madrid, but Diego Simeone's side's streak of four straight runs to at least the Champions League last eight was abruptly ended.
Roma can also go through with a win against Qarabag in Group C on Tuesday, or if Atletico Madrid fails to beat Chelsea.
"I'm really happy because we don't want to qualify with a defeat, we don't want to qualify with a bad performance", said Mourinho.
A host of other sides are also still in with a chance of progressing. Athletico Madrid can still qualify, but they will have to win at Chelsea and hope that Roma drops points to Qarabag.
That turned out to be enough for Roma to win the section ahead of Chelsea, who had to come from behind to draw 1-1 at home to Atletico.
Saul Niguez headed Atletico in front on 56 minutes at Stamford Bridge, but Eden Hazard forced an own-goal from Stefan Savic to restore parity.
Who's into the knockout stage?This will help us for sure. And Mbappe's fellow Frenchman isn't the only impressive figure to have been passed by the Paris Saint-Germain star with that goal, which also made him the only teenager in the modern-day Champions League to reach the mark.
PSG and Bayern Munich have already booked their places in the knockout stages but will battle it out for top spot at the Allianz Arena. Defensively they were terrible first time round against Mourinho's men and, having scored seven in their last two games, United look good to win this by more than a goal. A loss could see Real Madrid catch the north London side.
Depending on how results fall tomorrow night, Shakhtar Donetsk could be replaced by Serie A giants, which would be a much more menacing proposition for United, while Porto could be replaced by Red Bull Leipzig and a Spartak Moscow victory over Liverpool at Anfield would fire the Russian club into the final 16.
- US Battles For Global Push On N.Korea Amid Russia, China Doubts
- Foreign Trade Policy may focus on job creation, improving trade logistics
- 2 high school students reportedly shot in Graham
- Italy's Prysmian to buy United States rival General Cable for €3bn
- RK Nagar by-polls: Actor Vishal thanks EC for accepting his nomination
- Police Thwart Islamic Terror Plot To Assassinate Theresa May
- Senate Confirms Trump's Pick for Homeland Security Secretary
- Obama: Curbing Climate Change Should Be 'Obsession For Us'
- Johnny Hallyday, the Elvis of France, Dies at 74
- Arnold officer in critical condition after shooting