The driver allegedly tried to touch the woman inappropriately after child-locking her inside his cab.
The company urged the the woman to file a formal complaint, adding that it would give "full support" to the investigation against the driver.
The incident took place around 10:30 pm on Sunday on the Ring Road in south east Bengaluru.
Following the incident an Ola spokesperson said, "We regret the unfortunate experience the customer had during their ride".
The driver then started calling the woman on her number to warn her after which she blocked his number. "After much screaming, he reluctantly stopped the vehicle, and continued standing on the road until I took a picture of him and threatened to go to the cops".
Ola said in a statement on Wednesday that it had zero tolerance to such incidents and the driver had been suspended on receiving the complaint.
The woman said she has complained only to the Ola Cabs safety team and did not lodge a formal complaint with the police. "I have approached Ola and they have assured me that he will be taken off their system", the victim said. A similar disgusting shameful incident was reported from Hyderabad where the 26-year-old Uber driver was arrested after the woman passenger on board filed a complaint against the driver. He was rated 4.9 on the app.
A police officer is said to have spoken to Reddy, who defended himself saying that he had only tried to reach back to help her open the door which was child-locked.
- That new rumoured Portal game? It's a Bridge Constructor spin-off
- Steven N'Zonzi Reportedly Flies into London for Arsenal Transfer Talks
- Vladimir Putin to stand for re-election as Russian president
- Lena Dunham Says She Warned Hillary Clinton's Campaign About Harvey Weinstein
- May to reconvene Brexit talks with European Union this week
- Sharad Yadav disqualification from Rajya Sabha is unconstitutional says Arvind Kejriwal
- Forecast: Chance of light snow or light rain in the Omaha area
- 'Black Mirror' Season 4 Gets Netflix Premiere Date, New Trailer
- Needle Moving Activity Spotted in Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASNA)
- Saints prep for Falcons, may have Lattimore