Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor, who passed away on Monday, was honoured with a three-gun salute in the presence of his family and the film fraternity on Tuesday. Shashi Kapoor acted in over 150 films and his character left a stamp on the audience even if the film failed at the box office which speaks volumes of his acting skills. Shashi Kapoor loved cricket more than he loved films and was often spotted at worldwide games featuring his nation.
Some of the own members and stars of BBC criticized the error made on social media.
While Randhir Kapoor confirmed the news, the other celebrities from the Kapoor family have not reacted to Shashi Kapoor's death.
Creator and co-writer of BBC One's Citizen Khan Adil Ray, "Someone at the BBC thought the brown person in this VT is the same person". It's poor when it would have taken them seconds to verify.
Aasmah Mir who is the presenter for the Saturday Live on BBC Radio 4 stated that she was "really annoyed" by this huge mistake. "The piece did not meet its usual standards and the programme has apologised for any upset".
An Indian television news channel too mistakenly tweeted the demise of Congress politician Shashi Tharoor, while reporting on Kapoor's death on Monday. They also apologised later on. Neetu went to a flashback and cherished memory of Shashi Kapoor as a child by sharing an iconic photograph of the actor with his father and Kapoor patriarch Prithviraj Kapoor.
- Time names Person of the Year
- National Christmas Tree Shortage Hits the Four States
- Bitcoin Hits Record $12000 As Futures Trading Looms
- Forecast: Chance of light snow or light rain in the Omaha area
- Cheerleader's 'invisible box' stunt breaks the internet
- Melbourne byelection looms as Labor's David Feeney falls into citizenship trap
- Iomart Group Plc 13.9% Potential Upside Indicated by N+1 Singer
- IPL 2018: MS Dhoni all set to lead Chennai Super Kings?
- Will Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma tie the knot in December?
- USA recognition of Jerusalem risks igniting 'fire' in region, warns Turkey