"Chief John Odigie-Oyegun is a pragmatic leader".
"I can bet you the records we have achieved so far in governance no government has yet even done 50 percent of what we have achieved in government, not to talk of equalling our performance in government".
"Let nobody fear that the defection of the former vice president is going to lead to any deluge, if anybody wants to defect, the day you are defecting is the day you bring out your heavy guns not later like the papers are speculating". It is not like that.
"When you stand and they look at your right and left, they say "Ah this man has done something great".
"Don't ever be afraid that there is going to be any massive defection". As a matter of fact, the contrary will be the case.
But Atiku Media Office (AMO) has reacted to the APC National Chairman statement, stating that he spoke for himself.
Odigie-Oyegun, however, said there was need for change of value, if Nigerians must experience true change and development in the country.
The former Vice President, who recently defected from the ruling All Progressives' Congress (APC), was welcomed to the secretariat by Makarfi and the party's National Caretaker Committee.
Atiku's comeback, according to Makarfi is as a result of the confidence he still has for the PDP. "He is making a difference in the ruling party" the leaders said.
Also addressing his audience, the APC national chairman told them that run up to 2019 has started.
He said: "All that I have come to do today is to come and show my face". So it is something you should take pride in... All the screaming is just because the remnants of the PDP have suddenly found their voice.
"We are glad he has returned to the party which gave him the opportunity to vie for positions both as a governor and as a vice-president".
Makarfi said the party's target was to return to power at the federal level, reclaim and win more states, national and state assembly seats and local government areas.
In the communiqué personally signed by Marwa, a copy of which was made available to THISDAY, the pro-Buhari group said: "The organisation is impressed with the way Buhari's government has successfully contained the activities of Boko Haram with the attendant improvement in security situation in Nigeria and the North-east in particular". And I hope we all must have learnt our lessons.
- RK Nagar by-polls: Actor Vishal thanks EC for accepting his nomination
- Google Pixel 2 receives major price cut on Flipkart
- Foreign Trade Policy may focus on job creation, improving trade logistics
- US Battles For Global Push On N.Korea Amid Russia, China Doubts
- Late wins show what we are, says Guardiola
- Trump transition official in email: Russian Federation 'has just thrown the U.S. election'
- Explore the Expansive "Monster Hunter"
- Man Charged in 2010 Murder of Former Grizzlies Center Lorenzen Wright
- Congratulations to Austria - court overturns barriers to equal marriage
- Japan Airlines signals supersonic ambitions