From a competitive standpoint, Amazon will now be able to say it's in a more aggressive position with Netflix following its addition to Apple TV. The best way to find it, notes 9 to 5 Mac, is to search Amazon in the tvOS store, select Amazon Shopping then scroll down in the "more by this developer" section. Cook reiterated that same news at the debut of the Apple TV 4K on September 12th but again gave no firm release date.
9to5Mac reports that the Amazon Prime Video app does not show up in Apple TV Search at present, but it is expected to do so when the rollout is completed. It starts on Amazon Prime Video on Friday 8 December and will run for 13 episodes in total, with one added to the streaming platform each subsequent Friday.
Either way, this means that we'll likely see the Amazon Prime Video app launch for Apple TV sometime this week, with tomorrow being the earliest. At WWDC 2017, Apple announced that Prime Video would roll out for Apple TV this year and many had presumed it would be during the summer. The two companies famously fought over e-books and commissions from items purchased using Amazon's iOS app, and (other than briefly), Amazon hasn't sold the Apple TV since 2015.
- United Kingdom made no estimate of Brexit's economic impact
- Beyonce Presents Sports Illustrated Award to Colin Kaepernick
- Dozens injured in a train collision in Meerbusch, Germany
- Toll Brothers misses on the top and bottom lines
- John Travolta's mafia movie Gotti dumped at last minute
- Take Two: Schumer, Pelosi Accept Trump's Invitation to Talk Budget
- Federal officials file new charges against man acquitted in Kate Steinle case
- INTC) — Intel Corporation (NASDAQ
- Steve Smith admits being nervous on final day following Australia's Ashes win
- Dead baby found alive: Delhi govt probe panel faults Max Hospital