Whether it's using video chat to talk to grandparents, staying in touch with cousins who live far away, or sending mom a decorated photo while she's working late to say hi, Messenger Kids opens up a new world of online communication to families.
Facebook has also stated that Messenger Kids is created to be cooperating with the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act or COPPA.
Facebook Kids is designed for under-13s who are now not allowed to use the Facebook social network.
At the same time, parents were willing to let their children aged 6 to 12 use social media as long as there was strict parental control.
Facebook has rolled out a new app called "Messenger Kids", that will let kids under the age of 13 text and video chat with their friends and family without those pesky ads or in app purchases.
Another user going by the name @AfrikanNerd tweeted saying "Facebook Refugees" are trying to figure out how to use Twitter.
The messages sent by the kids from the Messenger Kids app will be received by the recipients through the regular Messenger app. Messenger Kids is also created to be compliant with the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA). Parents fully control the contact list and kids can't connect with contacts that their parent does not approve.
Facebook in its response wrote: "On Thursday November 30 just after midnight Pacific time we bacame aware that a few people were having issues with their Messenger accounts".
If two kids want to message each other, the parents of both kids have to be friends on Facebook.
"My concern is safety, getting friend requests from people you don't know, chatting with people you don't know, giving out information to strangers", one parent participant in the National PTA roundtable said.
Messenger Kids is only available on iOS, but will launch on Amazon and Google app stores in the coming months.
- How To Unlock Overwatch League Skins
- Jimmy Kimmel's 7-month-old son undergoes second heart surgery
- Showers, high near 53 — TODAY'S FORECAST
- De Gea the saving grace for Mourinho
- Dustin Hoffman & John Oliver Get Heated Over Harassment Claims
- PlayStation Stores Leak The God Of War Release Date
- SEC's Cyber Unit files first charges against digital coin scam
- Aldridge's double-double rallies Spurs past Pistons 96-93
- Apple Adds Unlocked iPhone X to Apple Store
- NAB accepted Nawaz Sharif request of exemption from personal appearance