If somewhere else another party is winning, vote for them.
Accusing the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of "polarising" the country, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday urged the people of poll-bound Gujarat to "uproot" the BJP. "Make sure that the BJP loses", Kejriwal said while addressing Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) volunteers at the party's national convention on the occasion of its fifth anniversary at the Ram Lila Maidan. I appeal to the people of the state, please vote for a candidate that can defeat the BJP candidate.
The Conference was held in Ramlila Maidan from where the India Against Corruption movement led by Anna Hazare started and later gave birth to the AAP party in 2012. He said BJP "accomplished in three years what Pakistan's intelligence agency, ISI, could not achieve in 70 years".
He alleged the BJP was trying to weaken the country by polarisation.
The Congress leader said that the AAP's ministers, who were removed from the Cabinet due to corruption charges, continue to remain as party MLAs which exposed the double-speak of the party on corruption.
Manoj Tiwari, BJP Delhi chief said, "The last five years of the Aam Aadmi Party have been disappointing".
"The leaders of the AAP, which was voted to power on the promise of eradicating corruption and clean politics, are involved in corruption", the BJP leader said in a statement.
Party leaders Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Ashutosh, Pankaj Gupta and others were present at the event.
Well, as the political temperature soars in Gujarat, many felt Kejriwal is perhaps campaigning for Congress as well.
Around 10,000 AAP volunteers and representatives from 22 states are likely to attend the convention, party leaders said.
- Michael Carrick Will Be Offered A Coaching Role By Man Utd
- Local firefighters offer several Christmas tree safety tips
- Apple Watch Cyber Monday Deals and Sales 2017 at Amazon
- Barca Stars Slam Officials For Disallowed Messi Goal
- Morgan Is The Walking Dead Crossover Character
- Shooting on Florida's Turnpike likely road rage incident, troopers say
- Luke named permanent coach for Ole Miss
- Chain Match 2: Talib and Crabtree fight after chain snatch
- Arizona State fires coach Todd Graham after six seasons
- Bitcoin Price Crosses $9000