Compared to Trump tweeting a video of himself pummeling CNN WWE-style or the obsession of Donald Trump Jr. ripping the cable news network every chance he gets, the president's attack on CNN on Saturday was relatively mild.
And just as Time magazine did a day before ("The President is incorrect", went part of the official response; "Not a speck of truth here", added Time Inc.'s chief content officer Alan Murray), CNN fought back.
"Thinking about cnni and my courageous and hard-working colleagues there who cover famines and wars and politics and terrorism and everything else", Tapper tweeted.
The president also thanked the administrators of a pro-Trump Twitter account and website that lists what they see as the president's accomplishments.
Thinking about @cnni and my courageous and hard-working colleagues there who cover famines and wars and politics and terrorism and everything else.
"It's not CNN's job to represent the U.S to the world".
But Trump's tweet also drew a direct response from CNN itself.
Trump has targeted CNN in the past too calling it "fake news" because of its coverage of his presidential campaign and administration.
"CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly".
- Alabama's Collin Sexton Drops 40 Points Leading 3-Man Team Vs Minnesota
- Iran-Syria Coalition Strategic, Based on Mutual Respect: Syrian Adviser
- Fleetwood two shots off the lead in Hong Kong
- Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 might bring along Face Unlock feature
- Veteran 'Nebraska', actor Rance Howard dead
- European Central Bank investigating Bairstow headbutt reports
- Avatar therapy 'reduces power of schizophrenia voices'
- Adobe: Record $1.5bn spent on Thanksgiving afternoon
- Black Friday Deals: Up to 40% off Amazon Devices
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Tottenham v West Brom