Pemra, on Saturday, had ordered channels to abide by Clause 8 (8) of the Electronic Media (Programmes and Advertisement) Code of Conduct 2015, to show "utmost sensitivity" and refrain from coverage of the operation.
The APNS stated that the objective could have been achieved if the stakeholders were duly consulted.
A PTA spokesperson told DawnNews on Sunday that social media websites will be unblocked all over the country, as directed by the authority.
Sources said that the broadcast of news channels would be restored shortly.
The federal government, PEMRA said, had also issued a policy directive asking the Authority to take the news and current affairs channels off-air, which would violate the agreed guidelines regarding the coverage of the sit-in at Faizabad, Islamabad and elsewhere in the country.
PEMRA notification ordering the restoration of news channels across the country
The PEMRA also asked media houses to ensure safety and security of their field staff.
Because of the operation protests erupted nationwide.
Blockage of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have affected the internet users in Pakistan as Pakistan is a leading nation that uses these websites for running online businesses. According to reports, the operation against protesters was suspended at approximately 2:30 PM. At least one person was killed and hundreds injured.
Heavy contingents of police, FC and Rangers were deployed to the interchange, where they used tear gas and water cannons to disperse the protesters, who had paralysed the federal capital for nearly three weeks.
Following the operation, protests were staged in different cities including Lahore, Karachi, Hyderabad, Mandi Bahauddin, Peshawar among others.
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Receives Average Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Newlyweds Sagarika Ghatge and Zaheer Khan hosted a 'dancing night' for friends
- Former Glee actor Naya Rivera arrested
- Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 might bring along Face Unlock feature
- Sindhu eases into Hong Kong Open semis
- Kushal Tandon DEFENDS Beyhadh co-star Piyush Sahdev on his rape charges
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Tottenham v West Brom
- The Flossbach Von Storch AG Raises Stake in Marathon Oil Co. (MRO)
- Jurgen Klopp refuses to entertain insane idea
- 5 dead including 3 children as stolen vehicle hits tree