Versova police on Wednesday arrested the television actor for allegedly raping a 23-year-old fashion designer after he had been in a live-in relationship with her for the last two months. "Piyush has been arrested on 22 November under IPC 376 and he won't be granted bail until 27 November".
The complaint was registered on 20 November, after which Piyush was produced before the Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate Court on Wednesday. Versova police senior inspector Kiran Kale confirmed his arrest and said he will be in police custody till November 27.
If the reports are to be believed, Beyhadh star Piyush Sahdev has been pressed with rape charges by a model actress. He befriended me and promised to marry me after promising to teach me acting and also help me get into modelling.
Meanwhile, Piyush's sister actress Meher Vij, said that she didn't know anything about the charges and was informed about the whole thing after reading various reports.
Kushal Tandon DEFENDS Beyhadh co-star Piyush Sahdev on his rape charges
Later, she continued, "You know I haven't been able to get in touch with my father so I too do not know anything about this news".
Her complaint states, "Sahdev approached me during an event a few months ago and we became friends; it later turned into a relationship and we even stayed together for two months, before I learnt about his past affairs". His wife had some issues so I chose to back off. Piyush blackmailed her, threatening to leak obscene pictures of her over the internet.
Piyush Sahdev, who played the antagonist in Beyhadh, had recently undergone a makeover after losing 38 kilos, which he had put on after suffering a knee injury and was left bedridden.
- Adobe: Record $1.5bn spent on Thanksgiving afternoon
- Miss World 2017 Manushi Chillar looks unrecognisable in this old viral video
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Tottenham v West Brom
- Fleetwood two shots off the lead in Hong Kong
- Terrorism is a threat to humanity: PM Narendra Modi
- The Flossbach Von Storch AG Raises Stake in Marathon Oil Co. (MRO)
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Receives Average Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Iran-Syria Coalition Strategic, Based on Mutual Respect: Syrian Adviser
- Avatar therapy 'reduces power of schizophrenia voices'
- 33 migrants die in Libya boat capsize