The win afforded Georgia players the chance to hold up the "We Run This State" sign and tear up the field at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Haywood made 5-of-7 3-pointers with four of the makes coming after Tech (3-1) took a 22-19 halftime lead. The Yellow Jackets, looking to pull an upset on the SEC Championship Game-bound Bulldogs are knocking on the doorstep for a quick touchdown to start the day, right? I'll give them credit.
Roosevelt Smart paced North Texas (3-3) with 14 points, all in the second half, and he was the Mean Green's only double-digit scorer.
Tech's Ben Lammers and freshman Moses Wright each blocked three shots.
"When you run the ball like that, you want a greater outcome than what we got", Chubb said past year.
Its margin for error removed after a 23-point loss at Auburn the week before, Georgia returned to form last week, gashing Kentucky for 381 yards rushing and five touchdowns on the ground in a 42-13 rout to win for the 10th time in 11 games and completing a season sweep of the SEC East.
The Yellow Jackets' only points came on TaQuon Marshall's 10-yard scoring pass to Ricky Jeune, who was left uncovered in the end zone late in the first half.
"They didn't guard Abdoulaye", Pastner said. "We're just going to do it the right way".
BC-FBC-T25-Georgia-Georgia Tech, 2nd Ld-Writethru, 757 No. 7 Georgia protects playoff hopes, crushes Georgia TechAP Photo GAMS111, GAATJ608, GAATJ106, GAATJ606, GAMS118, GAMS112, GAATJ102, GAATH206, GAMS110, GAMS114, GAMS115, GAATJ902Eds: No. 7 Georgia 38, Georgia Tech 7.
Alvarado led Tech with seven rebounds, and the 6-foot freshman from New York City is the second-leading scorer (14.3 ppg) for the Jackets and the second-leading rebounder with nearly six per game. "It's a blue-collar mentality, and it's a blue-collar school", he said of Christ the King high school.
"Losing to them, that was our last game; I didn't really want to go out like that", he said. "There was a lot of times, we didn't pitch the ball that we should have on some of the counter stuff, but, we didn't have a whole lot in there".
North Texas will return to Denton to play Grambling State on Monday night before traveling for another big road game Thursday at Oklahoma. Inside, they've got three big guys and we had it schemed up to try to get the ball pitched.
- Texas woman charged with mailing documents to Obama, Texas governor
- Angela Merkel: 'I absolutely do not favor' a new election
- Amazon Black Friday strikes take place across Europe
- Thousands flee as Bali volcano threatens to erupt
- 1 boy killed, 5 others injured in shooting on Cleveland's east side
- Borussia Dortmund keen on re-signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Man Utd
- Putin signs "foreign agents" media law
- Fazer introduces line of bread made with cricket flour
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Director Tom A. Alberg Sells 870 Shares
- West Virginia Dominated In Every Area In Blowout Defeat