"There's nothing better than winning as a team, with my mates, in front of the fans, my family and my friends", Pouille told French television. "We've got two great cards to play tomorrow", he said on Saturday.
"I'm proud of my whole team and I am sure that we will win the Davis Cup together one day", said team captain Johan Van Herck, after Belgium again failed to break their Davis Cup duck following losses in the 1904 and 2015 finals.
France took the lead when the pair of Richard Gasquet and Pierre-Hugues Herbert, beat Belgian's Ruben Bemelmans and Joris De Loore in four sets.
The final match saw Pouille going for the throat, racing to a 3-0 lead against Darcis.
That proved enough to wrap up the first set, with three further breaks in the second firing Pouille and France to the brink of the title.
That set up a decider between Pouille and 76th-in-the-world Darcis, which the former eased through with a 6-3 6-1 6-0 triumph.
Belgium's hopes of claiming a first title in the venerable competition rested with their in-form number one Goffin, who downed Tsonga 7-6 (7/5), 6-3, 6-2 after withstanding sustained early pressure.
Tsonga served extremely well in the first set and had six chances to break Goffin, but his Belgian rival weathered some blistering groundstrokes and showed nerves of steel on important points.
Goffin, who also won his opening singles without dropping a set, delivered a superb performance to defeat France's top player. France joined Britain in third place on the list for the most Davis Cup titles, behind the United States on 32 and Australia on 28. "I'm really so happy".
It is France's tenth Davis Cup, but their first since 2001 and Pouille explained it was a momentous moment for him and his team-mates.
- European Central Bank investigating Bairstow headbutt reports
- Jurgen Klopp refuses to entertain insane idea
- Cowboys release McFadden in flurry of moves amid 3-game skid
- Jose Mourinho admits to problem over Man Utd ace Paul Pogba
- Iran warns Europe: We can increase missile range
- Trump continues to implicitly endorse alleged sex molester Roy Moore
- Imgur confirms email addresses, passwords stolen in 2014 hack
- Granville small businesses embraced by community
- Israeli Health Minister Litzman resigns over Shabbat train work
- Military coalition will 'chase terrorism until it disappears', says Saudi Crown Prince