England and Wales Cricket Board will look into a physical altercation between Jonny Bairstow and Cameron Bancroft at the end of the ongoing first Ashes Test in Brisbane, the board said in a statement on Sunday (November 26).
Bancroft wasn't yet named in the Australian squad for the five-match Ashes series at the time of the incident.
The police were not involved, while Bancroft did not either provoke or retaliate in the incident.
Bairstow, along with Jake Ball and Liam Plunkett, not in the Ashes tour party, was one of three England players who were given a formal written warning and were fined for their unprofessional conduct by the European Central Bank in Bristol.
Considering the instability of England's top order - with former captain Alastair Cook badly out of form - the touring side will need runs wherever the can get them.
After Ben Stokes landed himself in trouble for brawling outside a bar in Bristol, England wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow is facing an inquiry over an alleged incident that took place in a bar in Australia.
Both the European Central Bank and Cricket Australia were making no comment when approached by reporters over the matter on Sunday. It will "follow up" with players after the conclusion of the first Ashes Test.
There are no police reports, but it is believed that European Central Bank conducted an internal investgation on the matter.
Last month Bairstow was one of three England players fined by the European Central Bank for "unprofessional conduct".
"There are no set curfews, they are just sensible rulings. To me, it's what we should have been sticking to anyway as players or people around a professional set-up." he said.
Warner was effectively suspended for two Tests after he clipped Root's chin in a nightclub.
"It's about picking the right time to have a couple of drinks, but knowing to stay away from it if you're preparing for a match".
- New Black Mirror's Season 4 Trailer Is Creepy And Powerful
- Terrorism is a threat to humanity: PM Narendra Modi
- Miss World 2017 Manushi Chillar looks unrecognisable in this old viral video
- Avatar therapy 'reduces power of schizophrenia voices'
- Sindhu eases into Hong Kong Open semis
- Black Friday shoppers were out early in Findlay
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho: 'Everyone to be blame for Basel defeat'
- Steve Kerr on Kevin Durant: "We shouldn't have played him" in OKC
- Missoula stores ready for Small Business Saturday
- HMD Global starts rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update to Nokia 8