A nightclub floor has collapsed in Tenerife, injuring at least 22 people..
Revellers were in the Playa de las Americas area of the island at around 2.30am when the dance floor caved in and they plunged 10ft into the basement.
Others reported back pain, blunt trauma and bruising of varying degrees, with most being taken to hospital and other care centres.
A spokesman for a local emergency services coordinator said the Brit was 59-years-old who had suffered a broken bone.
The injured included two French men, two British men, a Romanian man and a Belgian woman, local firefighters said.
Butterfly Disco Club
The identities and nationalities of the injured remains unclear, but the club is popular with foreigners so British and Irish citizens may be among those affected.
"After the floor collapsed, the people who were inside fell to the basement from the height of approximately one floor", the regional government of Spain's Canary Islands said.
The incident is said to have occurred at the Butterfly Disco Pub, which describes itself as a gay club.
The injured people are aged between 20 and 60 and have sustained a variety of injuries ranging from broken ankles and severe cuts, fractures and bruises.
The nightclub is located in a shopping centre in Avenida Rafael Puig Lluvina in the bustling area of Adeje.
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Receives Average Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Terrorism is a threat to humanity: PM Narendra Modi
- Adobe: Record $1.5bn spent on Thanksgiving afternoon
- Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 might bring along Face Unlock feature
- Military coalition will 'chase terrorism until it disappears', says Saudi Crown Prince
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Tottenham v West Brom
- England batsman Jonny Bairstow investigated by European Central Bank
- HMD Global starts rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update to Nokia 8
- 5 dead including 3 children as stolen vehicle hits tree
- Black Friday Deals: Up to 40% off Amazon Devices