Shimla: A 56-year-old Army colonel was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly raping the daughter of a Lieutenant Colonel posted at the Army Training Command in Shimla, according to sources.
An Army Colonel, arrested on the charges of raping a Lieutenant Colonel's daughter, was sent to three days in police custody by a court on Thursday.
In her complain, the victim alleged that the Colonel, who is also her father's colleague, offered her alcohol and sexually assaulted her during her stay with his family at Longwood in Shimla outskirt. The victim was surprised when the accused took her to his residence on the pretext of arranging a meeting with a choreographer, director and model.
As per the survivor's complaint, the accused, on November 19, had invited her along with her father to attend a gathering at Shimla's Gaiety Theatre. "Colonel uncle also rushed back with my bag and threatened me to spoil my dad's career in case I revealed the incident to anyone", says the FIR.
The accused then took them out for dinner and suggested that the survivor live with his daughter in Mumbai to try her luck in the modelling profession.
The police are now studying the location of the mobile phones of the victim and the accused at the time of the crime and are analysing the details.
However, when she went to his place, the colonel forced her into a room, made her drink liquor and raped her. She filed a complaint on the same day, PTI reported.
- Chennai's Sathyabama Deemed University Set on Fire After Student Kills Self
- 7 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings
- Xiaomi teases new phone, calls it 'Desh Ka Smartphone'
- These stores are open on Thanksgiving Day 2017
- Delhi: 4-yr-old sexually assaults classmate; case registered
- Syria Welcomes Final Statement of Sochi Summit
- Chilly but Sunny Thanksgiving forecast
- Ziggy Ansah active, Dwight Freeney is not for Lions
- Varun Dhawan Gets An E-Challan From The Mumbai Police, Here's Why!
- Gunfire Reported As Georgian Officials Conduct Tbilisi 'Counterterrorism Operation'