It's something that James and Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue get asked about all the time by the media and they're exhausted of it.
"I played with Michael Jordan when he was 39 he played 37 minutes a night", said Lue. "If you're one of the greats, sometimes you've got to play, sometimes you get rest like tonight".
While James seems to always rise to the occasion when he plays in the Big Apple, one of the city's most famous sons isn't totally on board with the Cavs star's proclamation.
James led the league in minutes last season at just under 38 per game, the second time he had done so in his career.
James and co. are now in Detroit waiting for Monday's matchup with the Pistons.
After a win last week over Charlotte, James told cleveland.com in response to Green's comments: "We want to get those minutes down for sure".
"You make so much a big thing about my minutes", James said.
James' coach, Tyronn Lue, has grown exhausted of constantly being asked about the minutes, however. "But at the end of the day, when we can get a win like this, everybody benefits from it, not just me".
In a win on Friday, LeBron played 46 minutes, so reporters wanted to know if this was a way to get the superstar some more rest. "Not just me. Everybody".
According to Basketball-Reference, this is only the 16th time in James' 15-year career that he played 27 minutes or less in a game.
Even Warriors forward Draymond Green believes James' extended minutes could be an issue.
The Cleveland Cavaliers (10-7) will take their five-game winning streak into a game against the Brooklyn Nets (6-10) on Wednesday evening.
- Crocodile on Florida beach moved to 'suitable habitat'
- Meg Whitman to step down as chief executive of HPE
- Sacha Baron Cohen Offers to Pay Fines for Mankini-Wearing 'Borat' Tourists
- David Cassidy, 'Partridge Family' star, '70s teen idol, dies at 67
- Splatoon 2 paints new updates for November 23
- Amazon launches cloud storage service for U.S. spy agencies
- Mueller asks Justice Department to hand over documents about Comey's firing
- 'Toy Story' Director John Lasseter Takes Sabbatical Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Spurs secure top spot with comeback win at Dortmund
- EA Announces Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Expansion Launch Date