The Raiders parted ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
The firing comes after future Hall of Famer Tom Brady and the New England Patriots offense carved up the defense, something that has become a familiar scene for Raider Nation.
Recognizing his aptitude on the defensive side of the ball, San Diego immediately promoted Pagano to be their assistant linebackers coach in 2003. Oakland is the first team in modern National Football League history, since 1933, to go through the first 10 games of a season without an interception, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.? Oakland (4-6) came into the year with high expectations following a 12-win season in 2016 but has struggled this season.
Reeling Raiders fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr
Oakland has allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 72.3 percent of their passes for a 113.3 passer rating, both of which would rank as the second worst of all-time.
In 2012 and 2014, Pagano led the Chargers' defense to a top-10 finish in yards allowed (No. 9 each year) despite having several holes on his unit.
The Raiders host the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
- Ranking the 2018 Hall of Fame semifinalists: Randy Moss on top
- Lizzy Kaplan Joins Channing Tatum In 'Gambit'
- Mueller asks Justice Department to hand over documents about Comey's firing
- Spurs secure top spot with comeback win at Dortmund
- TX Border Patrol Agent May Have Fallen to Death
- Check Out These New STAR WARS
- Ohio State faces MI hoping for playoff berth
- Iraqi Federal Court nullifies 'unconstitutional' Kurdish referendum
- Stock Seesawing Amidst Rampant Activity: Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE:SIG)
- Suspected New York Bike Path Attacker Charged