"The Wolverines can't win the Big Ten East", Bender writes, "but they can knock the Buckeyes out of the playoff chase for good".
So when LeBron and the Cavs traveled to Detroit on Monday to play the Pistons, of course he was going to get asked about his Buckeyes' upcoming rivalry game against MI next Saturday. This season will go down as a disappointing one for Penn State, a team that had national championship potential but failed to close out the games that mattered.
No. 8 Ohio State (9-2) still has a shot at a College Football Playoff spot, with MI (8-3) in the role of spoiler with in a double-overtime loss in Columbus still. The new all-white garb for Ohio State is very similar to their earlier gray uniform, as they both have the same helmet and detailed pattern. The game will be televised by Fox. It may be too late, but Ohio State still has the slimmest of chances to reach the CFB Playoff. The Buckeyes have won 5 in a row against the Wolverines from 2012 through 2016. "It was probably one of the worst injuries I've sustained in my Michigan career here: from a fan and their lack of being able to protect the opposing team's players".
In the second overtime, MI took a 27-24 lead. The same secondary that stymied J.T. Barrett and scored all of its points at Wisconsin last week allowed Purdue to throw for 229 yards on them this weekend. Coach Jim Harbaugh laid out the possible timeline for Peters on Monday and also said Speight will at least practice without contact this week. "Including the one that ended the game", Harbaugh said.
MI is 8-3 overall and 5-3 in the Big Ten going into the showdown.
MI quarterback Brandon Peters is in the concussion protocol and could be cleared to practice without contact as soon as Wednesday.
If neither can play, MI will turn to senior John O'Korn, who relieved Speight against Purdue and started three games before being benched in favor of Peters in the first half against Rutgers on October 28. Ohio State's leading receiver for 2017 is Parris Campbell who has accrued 35 receptions for 518 yards and two touchdowns. The Buckeyes will close out their regular season slate this Saturday at MI.
Best performance by a running back: Ezekiel Elliott rushed 30 times for 214 yards and two touchdowns in 2015. Mike Weber led all players with 11 rushes for 108 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Meg Whitman to step down as chief executive of HPE
- Consciously coupling. Paltrow engaged to Glee producer
- Amazon launches cloud storage service for U.S. spy agencies
- Another Judge Has Blocked Trump's Proposed Ban on Transgender Service Members
- Whitefish Halts Puerto Rico Work Early Over Unpaid $83 Million
- Eighth child death from fallen IKEA dresser prompts recall reminder
- President Trump on Roy Moore: 'He totally denies it'
- City bus photobombs Georgia Dome implosion
- DOJ Investigating Harvard Over Affirmative-Action Policies
- Wyoming BLM Offices Issue Permits To Cut Christmas Trees