The native Brazilian, who has been raking in the dough as the world's highest-earning model since 2002, was dethroned by 22-year-old Kendall Jenner, who snagged the top spot on Forbes' Highest-Paid Models 2017 list on Tuesday.
Gisele, who usually takes the crown, is in at number 2, earning a whopping €14.9 million from her editorial shoots and campaigns. On top of this, her deals with Estée Lauder, Adidas and La Perla have been of significant value.
On Tuesday, Forbes published its updated annual list of the highest-earning models in the fashion industry. Her 2017 haul dropped significantly in comparison to last year's when Forbes estimated she made $30.5 million. Some of the 37-year-old supermodel's highlights include posing for a Carolina Herrera fragrance, Arezza shoes and Vivara jewelry in Brazil.
On third place is the soon-to-be mother of two and the loving wife of John Legend, Chrissy Teigen. From the Hadid sisters, Bella and Gigi who made good use of their 15.7 million and 36.7 million followers respectively to Ashley Graham the plus-sized model with 5.6 million followers, several of the names on the list can credit their earnings to their Instagram followings.
The rankings are based on the cumulative earnings of the models from June 1, 2016 to June 1, 2017. The model's income also grew thanks to her clothing line with her sister, Kylie, and payment for her appearances on her family's reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Estimated figures are derived from interviews with the managers, agents and the executives of the brands the models worked for.
- Facebook Messenger will now send your photos in 4K
- Police arrest five criminals, recovers large quantity of arms
- After Yuva Desh's chaiwallah meme, fingers pointed at another mocking tweet
- AC/DC guitarist and co-founder Malcolm Young dies aged 64
- Lexi Thompson misses short putt to force play-off
- Aussie Open to punish underperforming players
- How sleeping on your back 'doubles risk of stillbirth'
- Ibrahimovic will bring the best out of Lukaku - Cole
- China says opposes new U.S. sanctions over North Korea
- Natalie Portman says she has '100 stories about sexual harassment in Hollywood'