One tweeted: "I'm not saying that what Jack did was acceptable, however that was years ago and people do make mistakes and do things they regret".
While many viewers have called for ITV to reinstate Jack on the show, others have begun trying to guess who might replace him, with one person in particular seeming to be a fan-frontrunner for the gig.
Two nude shots showing the controversial YouTube sensation posing with his trousers down have surfaced online in a second scandal to involve the 22-year-old campmate this week.
The self-proclaimed Youtube sensation and brother of singer Conor Maynard has been paired with I'm A Celeb's Georgia Toffolo.
A spokesperson for the show said: "Due to circumstances outside camp Jack has had to withdraw from the show".
"Since it's only fair that everyone should be aware of any allegations made against them and should also have the right to defend themselves, it was agreed that it would be better to bring him out of the show".
He was forced to apologise last week after a newspaper dug up old homophobic and racist tweets that had been sent from his Twitter account.
Tabloid stories about Jack had focused on his past social media postings, with claims they contained racist and homophobic language.
Jack's publicist said he was "ashamed" of his comments.
A second echoed their thoughts and replied: "I'm so sad for Jack, those tweets were from years ago, and I believe an apology should've been enough".
It was alleged to have been jokingly shared between his friends before appearing online.
Jack has now made a decision to part ways from the jungle show in a shock first exit.
With Jack leaving the jungle before the public vote has even opened, will another celebrity be heading onto I'm A Celebrity.
- Federal Judge Grants Stay in South Carolina Execution
- Nicola Sturgeon: I don't know what Kezia Dugdale's motives are
- Pakistan Court Orders Release of Hafiz Saeed
- Tracking the busy travel day weather
- Paul Millsap Is Out Indefinitely After Opting To Get Wrist Surgery
- Kim Kardashian among those demanding justice for imprisoned sex trafficking victim
- AT&T-Time Warner Deal 'Not Good for the Country'
- You are what you drink
- United States special counsel probing Kushner's contacts with Israelis
- Nick Cave playing Israel shows to "take a stand" against censorship