Asked Monday if Trump really believed that he should have left the "ungrateful" players in jail, Sanders replied, "No, I think if that's the case, he wouldn't have taken the action that he did, and certainly acted in order to help get those individuals released and brought back to the country".
He added that these NCAA Division I basketball players, who are attending a great university and who potentially have lucrative NBA careers ahead of them, have no business shoplifting.
"Skip, you and I, we speak very highly of LaVar, but that was the dumbest thing he ever could have said", Sharpe told his co-host Skip Bayless.
Sharpe appeared to take Trump's side in the feud and said the president's involvement in China "didn't hurt the situation". Don't tell me nothing. All this stuff is going on and that's on your mind, that a father didn't say thank you?
Trump ripped into Ball on social media for his lack of gratitude after he downplayed the president's role in getting his son and his two teammates released from China. "I did hear three "President Trumps" and three 'American government.' Now they get back on American soil, he [LaVar Ball] wants to pound his chest".
At a press conference this week, the players apologized and thanked the president. "Let him do his political affairs and let me handle my son and let's just stay in our lane".
"Who?" Ball told ESPN.
Later in the segment, Sharpe said Trump wouldn't have had to say anything about LiAngelo Ball if he hadn't attempted to steal. I don't have to go around saying, 'Thank you, ' to everybody.
- Labour of Love helps Cavs sink Pistons
- Kim Kardashian Fires Longtime Assistant Stephanie Shepherd
- Bhuvneshwar, Shikhar released from Indian Test team
- EasyJet annual profit drops 30% as competition bites
- Beyoncé Reigns As The Highest Paid Woman In Music
- Bucs QB Jameis Winston responds to groping allegation
- India drops plan to buy Israeli Spike anti-tank missiles
- The FCC has unveiled its plan to repeal its net neutrality rules
- Zinedine Zidane BLASTS goal-shy striker Karim Benzema
- Tether Hack: Cryptocurrency Worth $31 Million Stolen