"You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that's where [we] start this movie", Pixar head John Lasseter said at this year's D23 Expo. The Incredibles was, and still is, easily one of Pixar's greatest ever films, yet it's arguably one of the best superhero films ever made.
In the time since its release, multiple of Pixar's biggest films have gotten sequels, ranging from Toy Story to Monsters Inc. to Finding Nemo. That fact may be heavily disputed but I believe it to be true.
Incredibles 2's crime-fighting days will begin in theaters on June 15, 2018. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson), Elastigirl (Holly Hunter), Violet (Sarah Vowell), and Dash (Huck Milne) facing off against super baddy The Underminer.
The original film was known for the iconic characters Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson) and Edna Mode (Bird), who will also be reprised for this installment. It's the definition of a "teaser", but the excitement around its mere existence-finally-was apparently enough to make it one of the top-ten most-successful trailers of all time in general.
People are really, really excited about The Incredibles sequel. Instead of faffing around with the Cars franchise and making Finding Dory, I always felt that they should really be working on an Incredibles 2, and it turns out they were. Combining his years of experiences as both an animated and live-action filmmaker, plus having the benefit of computer technology that's grown leaps and bounds since the first Incredibles film, there's no telling what heights Bird will scale with Incredibles 2.
- Tesla launches powerbank for Android and iOS devices, priced at $45
- Kim Kardashian Fires Longtime Assistant Stephanie Shepherd
- IFFI 2017: Katrina Kaif to be special guest at the closing ceremony
- Twitter reactions to the wacky LaVar Ball interview on CNN
- Bhuvneshwar, Shikhar released from Indian Test team
- EasyJet annual profit drops 30% as competition bites
- Rajamouli's Multistarrer To Effect Charan Plans!
- Brazil police officer shoots armed robbers to death while holding baby
- The FCC has unveiled its plan to repeal its net neutrality rules
- Trump moves to dissolve charitable foundation