Innovative vehicle brand Tesla may be stealing headlines with the Model 3 and Roadster models, but you can now charge up your phone with the auto company's tech from within your pocket too. It does have an Apple lightning cord and a micro-USB cord, but not having the cord that's become the norm for Android phone users seems like a mistake to me. It was designed after Tesla Design Studio's Supercharger monument and wouldn't look out of place inside one of the EV-maker's cars.
It might seem a bit odd, but the company does produce batteries for consumer use, such as the Tesla Powerwall, which is used to supply power to homes, especially in the case of a disaster or power outage.
Tesla slipped a new product onto its website under the radar.
The company has announced the $45 Powerbank, a mobile battery pack for your smartphone. These electronics accessories are designed and manufactured with at most precession and use the same components as of the Tesla electric cars. That's a bit disappointing considering that it would be able to charge most smartphones only once before needing to be rejuvenated.
The Desktop Supercharger can be used with any charging cable that features a USB connector. The same 3D CAD data that's used to manufacture that real Superchargers was used to create this model, and even if you don't own a Tesla like me, you've got to appreciate the sleek design of the thing. It's worth noting that Tesla also offers a desktop Supercharger that comes with a USB port for any charging any compatible device. The company also sold a Desktop Supercharger for a while.
- Dortmund vs. Tottenham: Eriksen and Pochettino's point of view
- Argentina says noise wasn't from missing sub
- EA revamps Need For Speed: Payback progression system
- Bright someone's Christmas (and your own) by fulfilling an Angel Tree wish
- 'We shut some mouth' - Bellerin believes derby win silenced Arsenal critics
- Santa Claus to make trip from North Pole to the Prairies
- Turkey fryer safety tips
- India asks United Nations to follow democratic principles, elect Bhandari as ICJ judge
- Zinedine Zidane BLASTS goal-shy striker Karim Benzema
- Accountability court to hear corruption reference against Ishaq Dar today