U.S. President Donald Trump and Russia's President Vladimir Putin talk during the family photo session at the APEC Summit in Danang, Vietnam November 11, 2017.
It was the second time Mr Assad has travelled to Russian Federation to meet with Mr Putin in the course of the country's six-year civil war.
Putin told Assad that joint military operations against terrorists in Syria were coming to an end, with the focus now shifting to a political process, reports Xinhua news agency.
Russian Federation is actively trying to build an worldwide consensus around a peace deal for Syria, over two years after Moscow began a military intervention that turned the tide of the conflict in Assad's favour.
Syria's President added that Damascus is ready to hold a dialogue with all who are interested in a political settlement in Syria.
Assad thanked Putin for Russia's help in fighting terrorism and maintaining Syria's territorial integrity, according to the transcript. It was the second time Assad has traveled to Russian Federation to meet with Putin in the course of the country's six-year civil war.
The meeting took place on Monday in the Russian seaside city of Sochi. "We should admit that the operation allowed to move forward the political settlement in Syria", he noted.
Also, Bashar Assad stated that he relies on Russia's support in ensuring that external players don't interfere in the political process in Syria.
The meeting in Sochi comes a week before UN-sponsored peace talks are to resume in Geneva.
- Accountability court to hear corruption reference against Ishaq Dar today
- Worth Watching Stock QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM)
- Brighton still have much to learn, insists Chris Hughton
- Violence Against the Transgender Community in 2017 | Human Rights Campaign
- Jimmy Butler misses game-tying free throw after Reggie Jackson distracts him
- US Ending Temporary Permits for At Least 50000 Haitians
- Conspiracy behind clashes at corporation council meeting: Kummanam
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Dortmund vs. Tottenham: Eriksen and Pochettino's point of view
- We got a good look at the interstellar asteroid and it's weird