Early reports suggest the cause of the fire could be gas related, according to the Detroit News.
A massive gas line fire that broke out Monday evening in Orion Township has burned itself out, according to a spokesperson from Consumers Energy.
If you live within the area North of Brown Rd and South of Judah Rd, East of Baldwin and West of Joslyn in Orion Township, Fire Personnel are ordering evacuations.
Morgenstern said the fire occurred after a gas transmission line ruptured, but the specific cause of the fire is unknown.
This video taken by onlooker Rebecca Sharpe showed the blaze burning near Brown and Joclyn roads. The was no immediate word on if anyone was injured as a result of the fire.
No injuries are being reported at this time.
Natural gas service was not interrupted because of the incident, Consumers Energy said. Consumers Energy has asked the Oakland County Sheriff's Office to survey the blast area from the air later Tuesday morning.
The sheriff's office is also advising all 911 lines and non-emergency lines are out at this time.
- We got a good look at the interstellar asteroid and it's weird
- Kim Kardashian Fires Longtime Assistant Stephanie Shepherd
- Building collapses due to fire at factory in Ludhiana, 3 dead
- Tesla launches powerbank for Android and iOS devices, priced at $45
- Argentina says noise wasn't from missing sub
- EA revamps Need For Speed: Payback progression system
- Putin meets Assad to discuss Syria war
- Accountability court to hear corruption reference against Ishaq Dar today
- Pulis sacked as West Brom head coach
- Zinedine Zidane BLASTS goal-shy striker Karim Benzema