Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan had yesterday visited Mayor V.K. Prasanth, who is admitted in Thiruvananthapuram Medical College after being injured in the clashes at the council meeting. Anand was standing in front of the mayor on the stairs when the latter tripped after BJP councillor V.G. Girikumar allegedly caught hold of his legs.
He also warned of dire consequences against any attempt to jail any of the BJP councillors or members by framing them in such fake case.
BJP-RSS activists allegedly pelted stones at the CPM district committee office here, causing minor damage to the building. "The decision regarding whether to go ahead with 307 IPC will be finalised only after proper investigation", police sources said.
Devaswom and Tourism Minister Kadakampally Surendran said the attacks were part of organised violence.
Meanwhile at Karikkakom, also in Thiruvananthapuram district, three CPI (M) activists were injured in an attack by RSS workers and had to be hospitalised. Protest marchThe protest march was one of the many organised across the city by both the CPI (M) and the BJP. Prasanth and five councillors belonging to CPM and BJP suffered injuries in the attack. "It seems that this is the reason why the BJP workers surrounded the Mayor and beat him up", wrote journalist and political commentator TC Rajesh. The BJP leaders informed Behera though cases had been lodged against the BJP councillors and leaders on the basis of the Mayor's statement, the police failed to take action on the basis of complaints from the BJP councillors.
CPI (M) state general secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said on Monday that the RSS is trying to terrorise the state by unleashing a series of attacks.
- Bruce Arians takes full responsibility for Cardinals loss
- Nebraska regulators approve Keystone XL pipeline route
- Slyvester Stallone's ex-wife Brigitte Nielsen defends him against sexual assault claim
- Della Reese, singer and Touched by an Angel star, dies at 86
- Brighton still have much to learn, insists Chris Hughton
- Contrary to Trump Tweet, Senator Flake still undecided on tax bill
- Alonso makes endurance vehicle test debut in Bahrain
- Justice Department Sues To Block AT&T's Merger With Time Warner
- India asks United Nations to follow democratic principles, elect Bhandari as ICJ judge
- Santa Claus to make trip from North Pole to the Prairies