THOUGH Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Marriyum Aurangzeb emphatically denied Saturday as baseless the reports about resignation of Finance Minister Ishaq Dar but rumours are rife especially over the past few days that the government has made a decision to replace Ishaq Dar - now in London due to health issues - with a new adviser or a full-fledged finance minister.
The medical report says that one of arteries of the minister is not working properly and he is required to undergo another test on November 29.
The counsel also requested the court that for further proceedings a legal representative (pleader) should be appointed on the minister's behalf.
Judge Muhammad Bashir is hearing the case and Ishaq Dar has once again not appeared before the court as he is present in London for heart treatment.
According to sources, the minister took this decision after National Accountability Bureau (NAB) requested accountability court to put his name in Exit Control List (ECL).
On Nov 14, the accountability court issued non-bailable arrest warrants for the minister due to his absence from the court.
The spokesman said that the issues regarding the operations of the ministry were being looked after by Mr Dar despite illness while policy matters were being handled by Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Economic Affairs Miftah Ismail.
Dar was indicted on September 27 in a corruption reference but has continued to serve as the Finance Minister amid strong criticism from the opposition parties.
The bureau said Dar's assets were "disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for".
- Slyvester Stallone's ex-wife Brigitte Nielsen defends him against sexual assault claim
- Conspiracy behind clashes at corporation council meeting: Kummanam
- United States warplanes bomb Afghan opium dens
- US Ending Temporary Permits for At Least 50000 Haitians
- Nebraska regulators approve Keystone XL pipeline route
- Contrary to Trump Tweet, Senator Flake still undecided on tax bill
- Turkey fryer safety tips
- Tambor quits 'Transparent' after sexual assault claims
- Authorities serve Apple a warrant for Texas shooter's iPhone
- Jimmy Butler misses game-tying free throw after Reggie Jackson distracts him