Militants opened fire on a police party at Gulabbagh falling under police station Nigeen wounding two policemen around 3.35 PM, the officials said.
Deputy Cief Minister Dr. Nirmal Singh today expressed grief over the killing of Sub Inspector Mr. Imran Tak, who was killed by the militants in Zakura area of Srinagar district.
The incident occurred in Zakura Hazratbal area of Srinagar where three militants travelling in a vehicle opened fire on a police team.
The Sub Inspector was identified as Imran Ahmad.
Meanwhile, massive protests are being reported from Parimpora area of Srinagar.
A police officer and a militant of Zakir Musa's Alqaeda-affiliated group were killed and a militant arrested during an encounter in outskirt of Srinagar on Friday. Police said three terrorists travelling in a vehicle opened fire on the police van, causing injuries to Tak.
The officer identified the slain militant as Mugees Ahmad Mir, son of Abdul Aziz Mir, who hails from Parimpora and was active since many years, had sustained bullet injuries during the shootout at Zakura but had managed to escape. "He succumbed while fleeing", said a police officer. "We will go ahead with the investigations", Khan said.
When contacted, a police officer in Parmpora said he does not know where Mir was killed.
- Scientists Discover New Exoplanet Close To Earth That Could Host Life
- Fox News fans can officially say goodbye to this frequent contributor
- Tumhari Sulu review: Vidya Balan makes the ordinary middle-class housewife look extraordinary
- US House misses opportunity; bill would cripple wind power
- China: No policy change on N. Korea
- Navy Aircraft Crew Drew 'Unacceptable' Obscene Images In Skywriting
- Gigi Hadid drops out of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 'I'm so bummed'
- Chris Coleman leaves Wales role for Sunderland job
- United Kingdom shoppers forecast to spend £10bn in Black Friday sales
- American Express Joins RippleNet for Cross-Border Payments between United States and UK