"I will prove that you can trust me", Julian Simpson, 30, told a friend as he leaned over his Lower East Side ledge, according to police sources.
To prove his word, Simpson suggested they play the trust game, leading to his fatal plunge. "How about we play the put stock in amusement", Simpson said to his companion only minutes previously he slipped and fell, the Post detailed.
Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop said in a statement, "Julian was a diligent, professional and highly skilled diplomat, whose support I valued, particularly during UN Leaders' Week".
He had climbed to a higher roof landing and began swinging a female friend around, sources told the newspaper. He was rushed to Mount Sinai Beth Israel hospital and pronounced dead upon arrival. The two men then stepped back outside, with Simpson allegedly telling the husband that he meant no harm.
'It is a tragedy and hearts go out to his family but I can not provide any more details, ' Mr Turnbull told the Seven Network on Thursday morning.
"The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will continue to provide support to Julian's family, and to other Australian diplomats in NY who have lost a valued colleague".
"The family has requested privacy at this time".
Simpson was an official with Australia's United Nations mission.
- Greggs Apologizes for Replacing Baby Jesus with Sausage Roll in Advent Calendar
- Motorola Launches $200 Polaroid Insta-Share Printer Moto Mod
- Escaped Psychiatric Patient From Hawaii Taken Into Custody
- Winning Vikings sticking with Keenum at quarterback vs. surging Rams
- Justice League Rotten Tomatoes Score Delayed Until Opening Day!
- We will sweep Himachal, Gujarat and UP urban bodies: UP BJP chief
- Amazon launches Alexa, Echo, and Prime Music in Canada today
- Miranda Kerr pregnant with first child with husband Evan Spiegel
- Ezekiel Elliott withdrawing appeal, will serve remainder of suspension
- Puerto Rican Contract With Whitefish Energy Still Under Scrutiny