If he was to return against Joshua, or even Deontay Wilder, then he would have to be more cautious, given his opponent's extraordinary knockout rate - of which they have 58 knockout from 59 fights between them.
Talks for a world heavyweight title unification fight between the pair have begun with Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn flying to NY last week to meet with Wilder representatives.
Speaking courtesy of Sports Tonight/Dubai Eye 103.8, Joshua said when asked if the Wilder fight is the one he wants next year: "Yeah why not?" I've always handled my business with negotiations behind closed doors.
"When I negotiate the fight and once it's done, I will announce it".
"I am not in the business of making promises that I can't fulfil".
Anthony Joshua is confident he will fight Deontay Wilder next year if the American's camp are realistic with their demands.
BOX NATION Joshua is set to fight the American in 2018
"It is simple business". 100 per cent. It's something that we're taking time to do and actually doing right now.
"It would be great to see him back because it's not about what he says, it's just the fact people want to see him back".
Wilder (39-0-38KO) is a big puncher who has only been the distance once in his undefeated career - against Bermane Stiverne in 2015 and he finished Stiverne inside one round of their rematch earlier this month.
Former Olympic gold medallist Joshua is widely regarded as the world's best heavyweight following his epic victory over long-time heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in April.
"I try to be professional but remember this is a fighting sport and you have to meet fire with fire now and again".
He did appear to be taking things a little more seriously though in another clip, as he trained with Ben Davison in Ricky Hatton's gym in Hyde.
"At the minute, I'm a prospect, and I know what the future holds, but I'll just keep a lid on all this for now because we've still got so far to go".
- Nothing can stop 'Padmavati' release: Deepika Padukone
- Cards Against Humanity buys land along Mexican border to block wall
- Buhari Arrives Ebonyi, Commences South-East Tour
- Bill Gates plans smart city in Arizona desert
- Stove Top offers stuffing-themed 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- 'No Indication' Saudi Coalition Reopening Yemen Ports
- Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way to segue out' of DCEU
- Texas State suspends Greek Life after fraternity pledge dies
- Salvation Army bell ringing kicks off
- Tennessee State dismisses player who sucker-punched coach