Taylor Swift's new album "Reputation" has sold more than one million copies in its first four days, Nielsen Music said on Tuesday, but the US pop star failed to beat the record set by Britain's Adele two years ago.
Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran attend the 2015 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 17, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. In just four days since its release, the album has surged past the million sales milestone in the USA, where it's now the biggest-selling album of the year, according to data published overnight by Nielsen Music.
Taylor Swift, like Adele in 2015, managed these lava-hot numbers with old-fashioned CD sales and digital downloads.
So, TayTay keeps her reputation as a chart queen firmly intact.
As it has with Swift's previous albums, Big Machine has withheld "Reputation" from streaming services initially, a move that helps drive sales early among fans most committed to hearing it immediately. Swift is now the only artist to have achieved four million-selling weeks, and Reputation may even surpass the monster sales success of 2014's 1989.
Ed Sheeran wants to make it known that Taylor Swift was definitely, 100% percent, forsure forsure, absolutely not talking about him on her Reputation track "Dress".
Her last tour also visited stadiums, and it included a number of special guests, from singers like Justin Timberlake and the Weeknd to non-musicians such as Ellen DeGeneres and Kobe Bryant.
- This The Last Jedi IMAX Poster Brings The Red
- India Smallcap MSCI Ishares (SMIN)
- Why I attacked Tyson Fury - Anthony Joshua
- Curtis Samuel out for rest of rookie season with ankle injury
- Global wealth rises over decade, but rich-poor gap grows
- Coburn 'troubled' by Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore's 'trial in the press'
- The Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Shares Sold by Pacer Advisors Inc
- United Nations Articles, Photos, and Videos
- Gwen Stefani Reacts to Blake Shelton as Sexiest Man Alive!
- India Summit: Modi calls for efforts to uproot terrorism