It's believed Serena and Reddit co-founder Alexis decided on the wedding date because they wanted to marry before Serena makes her return to the competitive tennis circuit in January (18) to defend her title at the Australian Open.
A source told DM: 'Serena and Alexis have spared no expense on their dream wedding, which is estimated to cost $1million.
The couple will wed in New Orleans, People reported, with guests arriving as early as Wednesday. Rumored guests are expected to be Kris Jenner, Beyoncé, JAY-Z, and perhaps Prince Harry's girlfriend and actress Meghan Markle.
The exact venue has been kept so secreat that even the guests won't know the exact location until Thursday morning.
A preview of the guest list includes besties Ciara, Kelly Rowland, La La Anthony and Eva Longoria, as well as Serena's sisters including big sis Venus Williams.
The source says: 'They have hired the best of the best and can't wait to get married in The Big Easy.
Serena and Alexis chose the Contemporary Arts Center because of its incredible architecture and history.
Serena has been showing sweet photos of her new baby girl all over social media lately, and in one picture, Alexis and Olympia sat together in the bathtub. She will be a part of the wedding as much as possible for an 11-week-old.
Williams announced the news of their engagement with a poem on her soon-to-be husband's platform, Reddit. They are totally and utterly besotted with her'.
She said: 'I used to think I'd want to retire when I have kids, but no.
- Rugby World Cup 2023 hosts to be decided today
- Hearing of NAB references against former PM Nawaz, family adjourns till Wednesday
- United Nations dismisses the Saudi demand to re-open the Yemen Port
- Cech: Arsenal want more than just trumping Spurs
- Manchester United determined to keep Marouane Fellaini despite rejected contract
- India Smallcap MSCI Ishares (SMIN)
- Curtis Samuel out for rest of rookie season with ankle injury
- Papa John's flips the bird to neo-Nazis in fiery statement on Twitter
- The Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Shares Sold by Pacer Advisors Inc
- UK Govt wins first votes to amend key Brexit bill in Parliament