The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority also told ET in a statement that the felony charge against McGowan stems from the actress allegedly leaving personal belongings behind on a flight, which allegedly tested positive for narcotics.
According to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police, they obtained the warrant for McGowan on February 1 after an investigation of personal belongings left behind on a United flight arriving at Dulles International Airport on January 20 tested positive for narcotics.
McGowan is among several actresses who have said movie mogul Harvey Weinstein forced them into unwanted sex.
Weinstein's representatives have rebuked claims, saying that "any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein".
"Are they trying to silence me?"
McGowan, however, claimed that the warrant was a conspiracy.
The Charmed star was under police investigation after two bags of cocaine were found in her purse after it was found on a United Airlines plane.
"We are an army of thorns", she added.
She tweeted: "I told the head of your studio that HW raped me".
- Eve Joins 'The Talk' as New Co-Host
- Mozilla Firefox Live With New Version
- OnePlus phones sold with root exploit backdoor
- Hate Crimes In Vermont Up In 2016, According To FBI Data
- Netanyahu says to continue military operation in Syria
- Sock keeps hopes alive with win over erratic Cilic
- D'Angelo Russell to miss several games with left knee contusion
- Jerry Jones Not Backing Down From Challenging Goodell's Extension
- Diamondbacks' Torey Lovullo wins NL Manager of Year
- Bella Hadid Gracefully Saved Gigi From Stacking It In Public-Again