But could Le Professeur be tempted with a move into global football, once his days at the Emirates come to an end? In an interview with beIN Sports, Wenger was asked about possibly someday moving into global management.
"Maybe yes, I will do it at some stage but until now I like to be involved every day in the life of a club, you know because the real test is there".
Having failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in 19 seasons, and under mounting fan pressure following 13 years without a trophy other than the FA Cup, it was expected that Wenger would leave the Emirates after 21 years.
"Four or five weeks [at the World Cup] is a different experience, it's more concentrated", he said. "I have a two years contract, I will always try to go to the end of my contract but I will always have the honesty to sit down with the board and to see where we go from there, so it's quite simple". "It's a fact my life is linked with football, in what way will be linked to my physical state".
However, Wenger already appears to be making plans for his next job, telling beIN Sports that he could potentially transition into an worldwide management role ahead of the 2022 WorldCup in Qatar.
Wenger was up there among the bookies favourites when Roy Hodgson resigned in the wake of England's exit at Euro 2016, but he eventually chose to stay in club football. "If I am free one day why not, but at the moment my focus is on my job".
- Decision On Thomas Chandy At Appropriate Time: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
- Buhari Arrives Ebonyi, Commences South-East Tour
- Duke Basketball: Star Freshman Bagley Makes Early Impression on ACC
- Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust won auction of Dawood Ibrahim's property
- Turkey-Russia solidarity in settling regional crises strengthens their ties: Erdogan
- Israel Deploys Iron Dome Batteries Amid Terror Threats
- Trump to nominate 'star' to lead HHS
- UC Browser gets temporarily delisted on the Play Store for 'misleading' users
- Bill Gates plans smart city in Arizona desert
- Why I attacked Tyson Fury - Anthony Joshua