Indigo Partners is a United States investment firm founded by Bill Franke that specialises in the lease of planes to low-priced airlines.
The Netherlands-based plane maker made the announcement Wednesday, following talks at the Dubai Air Show.
Airline pioneer Bill Franke placed a historic order for 430 Airbus A320neo-family jets on Wednesday, doubling down on investments in ultra-low cost airlines that offer bargain ticket prices coupled with a slate of extra fees.
The agreement was signed by Dr Hamad Al-Tuwaijri, chairman of Golden Falcon Aviation, and John Leahy, chief operating officer Customers, Airbus Commercial Aircraft in the presence of Ali Al Fouzan, chairman of Wataniya Airways.
European carrier Wizz Air Holdings Plc.
The deal marks a dramatic turnaround for Airbus, which had been lagging behind Boeing in the contest for orders so far this year and had started the Nov 12-16 air show on a backfoot.
"An order for 430 aircraft is remarkable, but it's particularly gratifying to all of us at Airbus when it comes from a group of airline professionals who know our products as well as the folks at Indigo Partners do".
It will also allow Airbus to overtake Boeing, with a total of 718 orders against its American rival's 605.
The deal was worth $49.5 billion at list prices.
Reuters reported on Sunday that budget carrier flydubai was talking to Airbus and Boeing about a potential new order for up to 175 passenger jets and talks had accelerated.
- Stove Top offers stuffing-themed 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- UCLA basketball players flying home after Trump asks Chinese leader for help
- Tyson Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSN) To Report Earnings
- O'Neill bemoans poor goals and missed chances versus Denmark
- Dem Reads Trump Tweets During Sessions Hearing
- Bill Gates plans smart city in Arizona desert
- Why I attacked Tyson Fury - Anthony Joshua
- JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) A Look at Technical Overview
- 'S Durga' director moves HC against exclusion from IFFI
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks' CJ Prosise (ankle) could return this season