A video of a mom and her 10-year-old kid had surfaced online demonstrating how easy it is for a kid to unlock their parents iPhone X. In the video, the mom first showed that Face ID was configured to her face and then she passed the device to her son. A Wired report on the video notes that the son was able to do this upon picking up the phone for the first time.
Tim Cook joked that the new FaceID of iPhone X can be unlocked by your twin.
According to Mashable, they were directed to an article on Apple's support page on Face ID which reads, "The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed".
In a post shared on LinkedIn, Attaullah Malik says, "Apparently, TrueDepth camera's depth map of my wife's face, which was created by projecting and analyzing over 30,000 dots, wasn't accurate enough as it worked with my 10-year-old son. His face is smaller than my wife's face, and the geometry of their faces don't match, at least to human eyes", writes Malik, who works as a director of technology operations at Taskstream. So the question is, is this a "flaw" with Face ID and on Apple's part?
However, this video is the big evidence that Face ID isn't 100 percent safe and can be fooled by a 10-year-old.
On this matter, Apple said that kids under 13 have a better chance of fooling the Face ID due to their underdeveloped distinct facial features.
"It was amusing at first", Malik's father told Wired.
Vietnamese cybersecurity firm Bkav, claims it's been able to bypass the iPhone X's Face ID feature using a mask. It was not for this objective that Apple designed and integrated this feature in their latest iPhone X, which is also the USP of this device apart from full screen display and other wonderful features.
- Oppo F3 Plus 6GB RAM Price in India
- United Nations Articles, Photos, and Videos
- This The Last Jedi IMAX Poster Brings The Red
- 5.4 magnitude earthquake strikes South Korea, no casualty reported
- Taylor Swift's 'Ready for It': Singer announces stadium tour
- Jon Stewart confesses to 'blindness' on buddy Louis CK sex abuse history
- Papa John's flips the bird to neo-Nazis in fiery statement on Twitter
- Buhari Arrives Ebonyi, Commences South-East Tour
- Singapore Train Hits Stationary One, Injuring 25 People
- Kuwait's Wataniya To Expand With 25 Airbus A320neos