CBS exec Angelica McDaniel said the songstress "brings a fresh perspective and bold point of view" to the panel that also includes Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, and Sheryl Underwood. "The great success of "The Talk' is due to the undeniable chemistry and bond of friendship between the hosts".
"I think what I'm looking forward to the most is showcasing my personality and who I am now as a woman", Eve told Deadline.
Actress and musician Eve made her official debut as co-host of The Talk during Tuesday's episode of the CBS daytime talk show.
The artist, whose real name is Eve Jeffers Cooper, is replacing Aisha Tyler, who recently left "The Talk" to concentrate on her directing and acting career.
"When I first got the first call in London, my manager told me about the opportunity, and at first I was like, 'I don't know, because it's far from from home, '" she says.
Tyler's departure was an emotional one, with Sharon Osbourne wishing her well while denying her exit was made on bad terms. She's best known for hits like "What Ya Want", "Gangsta Lovin" and "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" featuring Gwen Stefani. Last year, she reunited with Stefani for the "This Is What the Truth Feels Like" tour. She also does a voice on the FX comedy "Archer". I started recording a few months ago.
- EgyptAir signs letter of intent for up to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- FDA Approves First Pill With Digital Tracking System
- Louis CK accuser says his behaviour was 'common knowledge'
- Jerry Jones Not Backing Down From Challenging Goodell's Extension
- Buffalo Wild Wings shares soar on report of takeover bid
- Conservatives Try to Sneak 'Religious Freedom' Into Australia's Marriage Bill
- Burglars dig 30 feet tunnel and looted bank in Mumbai
- Bella Hadid Gracefully Saved Gigi From Stacking It In Public-Again
- GameStop halts used-games subscription service
- Equity indices close lower on global cues, macro-data