Duke's Marvin Bagley III is proving to be as good as advertised by averaging a double-double at the early stage of this season. Trevon Duval is adding 11.5 points and 10 assists per contest.
That being said, Michigan State had a similar dominating start to the season with a 32-point victory over North Florida. In the season opener, Miles Bridges had 20 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks.
Duke Basketball: Star Freshman Bagley Makes Early Impression on ACC
Like it or not, Duke won and Wendell finished with a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The young Wildcats lack their usual automatic future National Basketball Association stars, but they still possess a myriad of athletic freshman gaining confidence at this level. - Arizona is still very much among the title favorites, and it's still way too early rule anyone out, but Michigan State, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky all have the opportunity to pick up statement wins Tuesday. I think the Spartans will take their learning experiences from a year ago and turn it into some big wins this year. But it's hard to imagine Allen facing many better defensive teams than Michigan State, and if he can drop 37 on the Spartans, he could be in for a monster statistical year. The Spartans have one of the deepest benches while Duke has an elite starting lineup.
- Redskins lose momentum against Vikings as defensive problems mount
- Stove Top offers stuffing-themed 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- Turkey-Russia solidarity in settling regional crises strengthens their ties: Erdogan
- O'Neill bemoans poor goals and missed chances versus Denmark
- 'No Indication' Saudi Coalition Reopening Yemen Ports
- USDA: Neb. corn harvest at 86 percent complete
- Decision On Thomas Chandy At Appropriate Time: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
- Ben Affleck Plays Batman For His Son
- Diamondbacks' Torey Lovullo wins NL Manager of Year
- For first time in 40 years, Congress debates USA president's nuclear power