President Muhammadu Buhari, who is now on a 2-day visit to the South-East, has been conferred with 2 chieftaincy titles in Ebonyi State.
President Buhari was received by Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi state governors as well as top security officials.
The Nigerian Presidency has dismissed allegations of President Muhammadu Buhari marginalising the South East region by.
He said, "My presence here today is a demonstration of our strong belief in the unity of Nigeria".
"Let me reiterate my words to Southeast Leaders who visited me at the State House last month: My administration will not discriminate against any part of Nigeria. Our 2018 budget include many strategic projects for the region in roads, power, agriculture and social sector", the president said.
"We want to thank you for your assistance in areas of agriculture, harnessing of mineral resources among other areas of the state's development". The president also commissioned the 700m length of the Dr Akanu Ibiam Twin Flyover Bridges over the African Trans-Sahara route running from Enugu to Cameroon.
Buhari is expected to visit Anambra, a key IPOB dominated state, on Wednesday ahead of Saturday's governorship elections. This was even as the president thanked the traditional rulers in the state for bestowing him with a chieftaincy title. Sam Egwu, commended the President for the recent decision to pay former Biafra Police officers their pensions.
- Salvation Army bell ringing kicks off
- Delhi airport issue: IndiGo moves court against DIAL
- Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way to segue out' of DCEU
- Didier Drogba planning football retirement in 2018
- Israel Deploys Iron Dome Batteries Amid Terror Threats
- Kuwait's Wataniya To Expand With 25 Airbus A320neos
- Duke Basketball: Star Freshman Bagley Makes Early Impression on ACC
- Gwen Stefani Reacts to Blake Shelton as Sexiest Man Alive!
- 'No Indication' Saudi Coalition Reopening Yemen Ports
- UCLA basketball players flying home after Trump asks Chinese leader for help