President Muhammadu Buhari, who is now on a 2-day visit to the South-East, has been conferred with 2 chieftaincy titles in Ebonyi State.
President Buhari was received by Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi state governors as well as top security officials.
The Nigerian Presidency has dismissed allegations of President Muhammadu Buhari marginalising the South East region by.
He said, "My presence here today is a demonstration of our strong belief in the unity of Nigeria".
"Let me reiterate my words to Southeast Leaders who visited me at the State House last month: My administration will not discriminate against any part of Nigeria. Our 2018 budget include many strategic projects for the region in roads, power, agriculture and social sector", the president said.
"We want to thank you for your assistance in areas of agriculture, harnessing of mineral resources among other areas of the state's development". The president also commissioned the 700m length of the Dr Akanu Ibiam Twin Flyover Bridges over the African Trans-Sahara route running from Enugu to Cameroon.
Buhari is expected to visit Anambra, a key IPOB dominated state, on Wednesday ahead of Saturday's governorship elections. This was even as the president thanked the traditional rulers in the state for bestowing him with a chieftaincy title. Sam Egwu, commended the President for the recent decision to pay former Biafra Police officers their pensions.
- Israel Deploys Iron Dome Batteries Amid Terror Threats
- Stove Top offers stuffing-themed 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- Cards Against Humanity buys land along Mexican border to block wall
- Dead and Kid Survives in Crash on I-94 Near Detroit
- Trump to nominate 'star' to lead HHS
- UCLA basketball players flying home after Trump asks Chinese leader for help
- Gwen Stefani Reacts to Blake Shelton as Sexiest Man Alive!
- Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way to segue out' of DCEU
- 'No Indication' Saudi Coalition Reopening Yemen Ports
- JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) A Look at Technical Overview