This feature is activated when a device runs low on storage space, and this is how it works - after a length of time specified by Android, applications that haven't been used in a while are marked as inactive.
As you can see, Android 7 Nougat was the big victor in the November distribution chart with a gain of 2.8% over its October results.
Google has been trying to tackle the crippling issue of Android fragmentation for years now, but the latest evidence seems to prove the firm's efforts are futile. Even though it made its debut on the market back in August, the latest version of Android hasn't been adopted by too many smartphone companies.
To be precise, the stats are based on active devices interacting with Google Play over the period of a week.
Each month Google publishes a chart that offers us an overall image over the various versions of Android and how are they distributed among users. If we look at the latest stats (the far right edge), we can see that almost half of these devices are two years out of date.
We all have apps installed on our phones that we simply don't use.
His graph also highlights that there are now more than a billion devices that are two years out of date. But this week, programmer Dan Luu discovered a worrisome trend after combing through some data: Uptake of new versions of Android appears to be slowing down. Also, this means that low internal storage devices - midrange and budget phones - will still have to run Android Oreo to take advantage of this upcoming feature.
Let's hope that enough devices are updated by the end of the year to get to 10%.
- Russian Federation releases video game screenshot as 'proof' United States is working with IS
- Jerry Jones Not Backing Down From Challenging Goodell's Extension
- The Case for and Against Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- Burglars dig 30 feet tunnel and looted bank in Mumbai
- FDA Approves First Pill With Digital Tracking System
- "Don't Cut Our Taxes", Say 400+ Very Wealthy Americans. "Raise Them".
- OnePlus phones sold with root exploit backdoor
- J&K: Army Jawan Martyred, Terrorist Killed in Ongoing Kulgam Encounter
- Paul Ryan orders mandatory sexual harassment training for members, staff
- Eve Joins 'The Talk' as New Co-Host