Beverly, a 6-foot shooting guard, committed to Ohio State previous year out of Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., where he averaged 20.1 points, 6.4 assists and 2.2 steals after moving there from Kentucky.
"Braxton is absolutely thrilled with the NCAA's decision to make him immediately eligible to compete for N.C. State this season", Tompsett said.
The NCAA issued a statement announcing the decision Tuesday, less than two hours before the Wolfpack hosted Bryant.
Beverly will play Tuesday night against Bryant, the school said. "Braxton is ready to compete for the NC State Wolfpack!"
The 6-foot guard from Hazard, Kentucky, is considered a three-star prospect who will provide 3-point shooting and depth with first-year coach Kevin Keatts installing an up-tempo scheme and pressure defense this season. Beverly was taking summer school classes when Matta was let go.
Beverly was granted a release from the University after then-head coach of the Buckeyes Thad Matta had been relieved of his coaching duties.
The NCAA recently denied an appeal, leading to the school's request for reconsideration last week.
The NCAA had twice denied his request for a waiver.
It worked this time. He chose to transfer two weeks later with a full release from Ohio State and a letter of endorsement from Matta to the NCAA. "It was the right choice for a young man caught in a hard situation not of his own making".
- GameStop halts used-games subscription service
- Amazon Studios to Create Lord of the Rings TV Series
- Diamondbacks' Torey Lovullo wins NL Manager of Year
- Hate Crimes In Vermont Up In 2016, According To FBI Data
- Mozilla Firefox Live With New Version
- Android Fragmentation: One billion active devices now out of date
- Sock keeps hopes alive with win over erratic Cilic
- JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) A Look at Technical Overview
- Walmart cashier helps nervous man count change in viral photo
- Eve Joins 'The Talk' as New Co-Host