Why should we have expected any less?
Mr Constance said they went with the second most popular name, Ferry McFerryface to avoid doubling up.
"Ferry McFerryface" and the rest of the new fleet will each have capacity for 400 customers, as well as improved accessibility for people with disabilities, wi-fi access and charging stations for electronic devices.
Transport NSW has revealed the name of its newest vessel as Ferry McFerryFace.
According to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, residents were urged to cast their vote for what the vessel should be named through a website setup for the occasion and by using the hashtag #yourferry.
The new inner harbour ferries are being delivered as part of the NSW Government's plan to modernise and expand Sydney's ferry network.
The silly name was chosen after 15,000 suggestions were made in the city's "Name Your Ferry" competition.
"Boaty McBoatFace" tallied the most votes, but NSW Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance didn't want to copy the UK's decision during a recent public poll.
The original Boaty McBoatface vote ended with the vessel being named RSS Sir David Attenborough, with a smaller submersible taking the title.
Ferry McFerryface joins three other ferries that have already been named by the public - Victor Chang (Australian heart surgeon), Fred Hollows (ophthalmologist) and Catherine Hamlin (obstetrician).
- Two missing Chinese students in Canada may be victims of ransom scam
- Contracted Soviet-derived spaceplane Dream Chaser makes successful glide test
- Controlling the Indo-Pacific: India, US, Japan Australia resurrect quadrilateral dialogue
- New hijab-wearing Barbie inspired by Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad coming soon
- Kremlin channel RT registers as foreign agent in US
- Salvation Army kicks off Red Kettle season
- Liverpool Could Leave Final Decision on Philippe Coutinho Future to Jurgen Klopp
- First full 'Wolfenstein II' DLC arrives on December 14th
- What Gianluigi Buffon did during Sweden's national anthem vs Italy
- Two dead after shooting at Cousin Stizz concert; rapper issues statement