After nearly a decade in retirement, Oscar De La Hoya has revealed he has been "secretly training" and called out UFC superstar Conor McGregor for his comeback fight. Just 29 years old and a pro-fighter since 2008, with 15 wins by knock out under his belt, McGregor is an icon to his faithful fans who remain absorbed by his peerless skill, his fearless attitude and his infamous swagger.
'You know I'm competitive, ' De La Hoya said. Secretly training. I'm faster than ever, and stronger than ever. "For me, I think the promotion should have Conor and his guests in a better position", explained Ryan to MMA Fighting. He had jumped in just before the round ended, and with everything that was going on, he hadn't got time to establish whether the fight had been brought to an end yet", said Ryan. "He was trying to get some order back in the cage and that's why he said, 'the fight's not over, lads, you're going to have to leave the cage.' That's when all the mayhem happened. I'm calling him out.
"I had some executives from UFC contact me within two hours after what occurred and they basically said to me that it's completely unacceptable in their eyes and that they will be doing something", Mazzulli told The MMA Hour. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio.
The Las Vegas megafight on August 26 between the unbeaten Mayweather and boxing novice McGregor broke box office records and captured the world's attention.
Oscar De La Hoya, a 10-time world title victor and former pay-per-view giant, has teased the idea of a possible return to the boxing ring. And McGregor isn't a boxer, he's a mixed martial artist who still managed to go 10 rounds with Floyd Mayweather in his professional boxing debut.
Footage also emerged of McGregor striking a Bellator employee who was simply doing his job in attempting to prevent the Irish fighter, who was not a designated cornerman that night, from entering the cage.
"Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me". How would De La Hoya perform against McGregor in a boxing ring? He would freaking destroy me.
- Meghan Markle officially won't be returning to 'Suits'
- 4th person shot dead in Tampa neighborhood
- Gwent Police appeals for "unlawful" guns during two-week surrender
- Tom Sizemore allegedly violated 11-year-old girl, removed from film set
- Google Doodle Celebrating Hole Punch 131st anniversary
- SoftBank: No final agreement on Uber
- MCL injury to sideline Aaron Jones 3-6 weeks
- 'Sweet news' as Bengal wins GI tag for 'rosogolla'
- Air pollution: Arvind Kejriwal to meet Manohar Lal Khattar in Chandigarh
- New 'Justice League' Concept Art Features Batman, Flash, & Cyborg