The suspect has been shot and killed by authorities, the Tehama County Sheriff's Office says. There are now 100 law enforcement personnel on scene.
The school was cleared and the students inside were taken to a safe location.
A 6 year-old child with two gunshot wounds was reportedly transported by helicopter to a hospital.
The shooter was shot and killed by police.
The shooting began "right about 8 am", local time (1600 GMT), according to Sheriff Phil Johnson. The shooter then moved to an elementary school.
Initial reports said somebody was barricaded in a structure and there were multiple victims, including one who was dead.
The shooting occurred at Rancho Tehama Elementary, a small public school of 100 students located in northern California. There are also reports of several people injured. Rancho Tehama is southwest of Red Bluff. Police say it happened in Rancho Tehama, near Corning.
- Skipper Mikel Obi warns Argentina Super Eagles now much improved
- So Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Fight Conor McGregor?
- A SUPER MARIO Movie May Be in the Works
- Tesco Booker deal gets provisional green light from CMA
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup for first time since 1958
- Chennai engineer set on fire by her spurned lover, dies
- EgyptAir signs letter of intent for up to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- Saudi Arabia to reopen Yemen's air and seaports within next 24 hours
- Lebanon's top cardinal calls for Hariri return ahead of Saudi visit
- Crude Oil Steady As OPEC Sees Strong Demand