Rebel authorities in Yemen said on Tuesday that a Saudi-led air strike had destroyed a navigation station at Sanaa worldwide airport, which is critical to receiving already limited aid shipments.
Al-Mouallimi told reports from NY that the Coalition would conduct this process in complete agreement with Yemen's internationally recognized government, to allow the safe delivery of humanitarian aid.
On November 4 Saudi Arabia said it intercepted north or Riyadh is said was sacked from Yemen - blaming Iran for the incident, Saudi authorities accused Iran of "declaring war" on their country.
After the blockade by the Saudi-led coalition, the United Nations has warned that already catastrophic humanitarian crisis in Yemen was worsening each day as the country 90% depends on exports for daily necessities.
The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen announced a suspension of border crossing via air, marine and land routes following a ballistic missile fired from Yemen targeting Saudi capital Riyadh on November 6.
The U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly voted for a resolution declaring that U.S. military assistance to Saudi Arabia in its war in Yemen is not authorized under previous legislation which has given the president power to combat terror overseas and invade Iraq in 2003.
McGoldrick says access to such ports is "helpful" but that the key need is access to the rebel-held Red Sea ports of Salif and Hodeida, closer to large population centers.
"The first step in this process will be taken within 24 hours and involves reopening all the ports in areas controlled by" Yemen's internationally recognized government, which the coalition backs, read the mission's statement.
"The humanitarian impact of what is happening here right now is unimaginable", he told reporters in Geneva in a phone conference.
Supplies in the country are running a critical low, according to the United Nations: There's only 20 days worth of diesel (needed for pumping water - vital for sanitation and fighting cholera) and three weeks supply of vaccines for children.
The blockade "is complicating what is already a catastrophic situation", McGoldrick said.
- MCL injury to sideline Aaron Jones 3-6 weeks
- Tesco Booker deal gets provisional green light from CMA
- Meghan Markle officially won't be returning to 'Suits'
- 4th person shot dead in Tampa neighborhood
- Rumor: Amazon Developing a Free, Ad-Supported Streaming Service
- Luxury and Comfort: Emirates Unveils Design of New First Class Cabin
- AWS just sold some of its cloud computing infrastructure in China
- Crude Oil Steady As OPEC Sees Strong Demand
- NOAA's next-generation weather satellite JPSS-1 set to launch Tuesday
- Chennai engineer set on fire by her spurned lover, dies