Google says you can also use the feature to have Assistant broadcast to your speakers when you're not at home. Of course, you'll have to be signed into the same Google account in order for this cross-functionality to work.
To broadcast from one Google Home device to others, you will need to have at least two devices, which can be a combination of Google Home and Google Home Mini. Meanwhile, devices should be updated to version 1.26.9393 and have Do Not Disturb off. Google does note that anyone, not just Voice Match users, can broadcast a message. To ensure that broadcasting works across all your devices, make sure you're signed in with the same Google Account.
You might have had a home intercom system if you grew up between the 70s and 80s, and that's exactly the kind of functionality Broadcast offers.
Calling the kids down for breakfast or even waking them up in the morning can actually be an unpleasant task, especially if you have to constantly shout out at everyone to wake up and eat their breakfast before they're late for school. For instance, "Ok Google, broadcast it's dinner time" will play a virtual dinner bell through your network of speakers, including the one used to send that message.
Where is this feature available?
Google's help centre has more information, here. The feature is rolling out to Google Assistant-enabled smartphones and smart speakers set to the English language in the US, Australia, Canada, and the UK.
- Newton, Panthers hammer Dolphins 45-21 for 3rd straight win
- Five Big Ten Men's Soccer Teams Earn Bids to 2017 NCAA Tournament
- Another woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her
- A Hitman TV Series Is Currently In Development
- Donald Trump Jr., WikiLeaks communicated through Twitter during 2016 campaign
- Sony Developing Morbius The Living Vampire Movie
- Amazon to make The Lord of the Rings TV series
- First full 'Wolfenstein II' DLC arrives on December 14th
- DC Comics Editor Eddie Berganza Fired After Sexual Harassment Claims
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Cody Bellinger named NL Rookie of the Year