"Cordon and search operation turns into gunfight in Nowbug Kund Qazigund of Kulgam", a police spokesman said. However, when the security forces were moving towards a particular area, the militants opened fire, they said. "The militants were asked to surrender, but they fired from automatic weapons".
In the Kulgam district of the valley, security forces on early Tuesday conducted a cordon and search operations at Nowbug Kund village in Qazigund area.
A police official said Bhat was from the volatile Palhalan area. Though some reports said Mudasir was a B Tech graduate, Pani ruled out this.
A spokesperson of the Kashmir police said, "The police, army and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) are on the job".
Officials said the authorities have directed all cellular companies to suspend mobile internet services in entire south Kashmir to prevent spread of any rumour on social media. However, there was no response from militants.
On Monday, the security forces had shot dead two local Hizbul Mujahideen militants during a brief encounter at Zachaldara in Handwara of Kupwara district. According to a police spokesperson, "The operation turned into an encounter".
- A SUPER MARIO Movie May Be in the Works
- Campaign Raises More Than $70000 for Woman Who Flipped off Trump
- Saif Ali Khan Gifts Son Taimur A Expensive Car On Children's Day!
- Tesco Booker deal gets provisional green light from CMA
- IOS 11.2 Is Bringing Faster Wireless Charging
- Burglars dig 30 feet tunnel and looted bank in Mumbai
- Black Friday Facts Retailers Don't Want You To Know
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup for first time since 1958
- Chennai engineer set on fire by her spurned lover, dies
- EgyptAir signs letter of intent for up to 24 Bombardier CS300s